Download the Scholarship Application See below for instructions.
Each spring, Assistance League of San Antonio awards scholarships to selected Bexar County college students who will be Juniors or Seniors. To apply for a scholarship, the link to download an application to be included with your transcript, along with the list of required documentation, is found below.
In spring 2014, six college scholarships have been awarded to students who are entering their Junior or Senior year in a college or university in Bexar County, Texas. The scholarships will be paid directly to the college or university which the students will attend.
A Scholarship is to be awarded to University of Incarnate Word in memory of Cameron Redus, a communications major who volunteered his time and efforts to Assistance League of San Antonio. We honor his memory in this way, hoping that we might be able to assist another student by "paying it forward".
Also in spring 2014, the Bexar Hugs Auxilliary awarded an additional $3000 Scholarship to a student majoring in education. For eligibility to apply for a scholarship, a student must be a full time student, entering his or her junior or senior year in four year college or university in Bexar County, Texas.
Below are Instructions, do not forget to include a copy of your Income tax return.
The FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the Scholarship Application. If you do not have it, you may download it here. www.assistanceleaguesa.org
Applications must include:
1. Completed Assistance League application--This may be obtained from your school financial aid office or download from this site.
2. Biographical letter of no more than one typed page which should include the following:
* Personal information you choose to share about your family or background
3. Letter of acceptance from a 4 year college or university in Bexar County and date you will be attending.
4. Minimum of three letters of recommendation--two should be from professors, one from other school personnel or employers, not from family members or personal friends.
5. Official undergraduate transcript, including most recent semester completed.
6. A copy of tax return.
Applications are due Feb. 14, 2014
Scholarship monies are paid directly to the college or university.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit applications to:
Assistance League of San Antonio
Attention: Scholarship Chairman
P.O. Box 13130
San Antonio, Texas 78213